Thursday, February 6, 2014

Oil painting or Photo?


Omar Ortiz was born in 1977 in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico where he still lives. Since he was a boy he has been interested in drawing and illustration. He studied for a degree in Graphic Design, where he learned different techniques such as hand drawing, pastels, charcoal, water colors, acrylics and airbrushing.




Omar describes his work by saying, “Since I started painting I have always tried to represent things as real as I can. Sometimes I succeed and some others I don´t but it´s a fact that it is very difficult for me to do otherwise. I enjoy the challenge of reproducing skin tones and it´s nuances under natural light, particularly in bright conditions. I like simplicity in my pieces since I believe that excesses make us more poor rather than rich.”
1. What about the various manifestations of contemporary art?
I believe that contemporary art has taken many strange ways. Some of these events meet certain aesthetic rules are what I like and especially what are some others that do not quite understand them. However, I believe that they are all valid, since they are a constant search for the man to create and express. I think everyone is free to express their ideas in the media that best suits your needs. Born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico in 1977, where he still resides. Arouses a great interest in drawing and illustration desdetemprana age. Studying for a degree in Graphic Design for Communication, where he learned to work with different techniques such as drawing, pastel, charcoal, watercolor, acrylic, and airbrush. After graduating in Graphic Design decided to devote himself to the world of painting. In 2002 He did his first lessons with the painter Oléo Carmen Alarcon to which he considers his principal teacher of Art. Currently paints in oils, considering the noblest art.

2. Why is focusing its efforts on the female nuude?
Because I think the female nuude is one of the most beautiful things that exist and to some part of my work is a tribute to women. The female body provides an infinite range of expression and sensuality in which I have concentrated my work. Is a constant and exciting to find perfection in color, shape and awaken emotions in the viewer with the minimum of elements in my compositions. i hope you like these realistic paintings

3. 'If anything could criticize his work is that it seems that the issue is a repeat offender, what other theme appeals to you?
At the moment I have no interest on other issues. I feel I still have much experience is something that is a bit complicated to explain. You never know when it's time to change, I think you can not predict, it just happens. So maybe one day without realizing it, switch and start playing with other issues, and finally this is a game that we enjoy.

4. What importance does work in large dimensions?
lot, I think my pieces achieve more impact when the figure has a ladder or even more. Apart from that the size allows me to work better the details, I feel more freedom when painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment